LiveAgent is a leading customer support platform that helps small and large businesses deliver great experiences for their customers. Meetingbird's integration with LiveAgent makes scheduling meetings with customers easy right from LiveAgent.
There are two ways to use Meetingbird in LiveAgent. The first uses LiveAgent's external plugin feature and the second uses the Meetingbird Chrome extension. We'll demonstrate both methods here.
Using LiveAgent's External Plugin Feature
Note: you must have administrative privileges to make the following changes to LiveAgent
- Open your LiveAgent dashboard.
- Select the gear icon labelled “Configuration” in the left sidebar.
- Under “System”, select “Plugins”.
- Scroll through the plugin options to find the “Display external info in ticket” option. Click “Activate” next to the “Display external info in ticket” option.
- A configuration window will appear. Use the following settings and then click “Save”
- Display method: Load directly into agent's browser.
- URL: https://www.meetingbird.com/plugin/partner
- HTTP Method: GET
- Request Body: leave blank
- HTTP Authentication User: leave blank
- HTTP Authentication Password: leave blank
Now, open any ticket and click the cloud icon in the right sidebar to view the Meetingbird plugin. You can use the footer at the bottom to adjust the plugin height.
Using the Meetingbird Chrome Extension
- If you haven't already, download the Meetingbird extension for Chrome here and follow the instructions for signing in or signup for an account.
- Open LiveAgent in Chrome.
- Click the Meetingbird icon in the Chrome toolbar to open the Meetingbird integration for LiveAgent. From here, you can add events to your calendar, insert meeting times into support replies, and access scheduling links.
Viewing your calendar and creating calendar events
- Open the Meetingbird sidebar from the ticket page (if you installed using the LiveAgent external plugin) or by clicking the Meetingbird icon in the Chrome toolbar (if you installed the Meetingbird Chrome extension).
- Click the "My Calendar" button.
- Click anywhere on the calendar to create a new calendar event or click an existing event to view event details.
- Click the blue "Schedule" button to create the event and send calendar invitations to all attendees.
Inserting Potential Meeting Times into an Email
Instead of emailing back and forth to find a time that works, you can use Meetingbird to insert suggested meeting times directly into an email, allowing the recipient to book the meeting with a tap:
- First, make sure that your reply editor is in HTML mode - you can turn this on my clicking the HTML button in the bottom right of the editor.
- Access the Meetingbird sidebar from the ticket page (if you installed using the LiveAgent external plugin) or by clicking the Meetingbird icon in the Chrome toolbar (if you installed the Meetingbird Chrome extension).
- Click "Insert Meeting Times". A popup will open that displays your calendar.
- Mark any times that you're available for by clicking and dragging on regions of the calendar (for example, 2pm-4pm on Thursday).
- Use the sidebar on the left to optionally customize the meeting topic, duration, location, and more.
- Click the blue "Insert Meeting Slots" button and close the popup.
- You'll now be prompted to copy the meeting slots and paste them into your email. Before copying, use the list of settings to customize the Style (Grid or Plaintext), Timezone, and Time Format.
- Paste the slots into an email reply and send your email. The recipient will be able to book a meeting by simply tapping a time slot.
Accessing Scheduling Links
Scheduling Links allow you to setup preferences for specific types of meetings (Sales calls, product demos, recruiting interviews, etc.). With the Meetingbird integration for LiveAgent, you can access a list of your scheduling links and quickly paste a scheduling URL into an email. Just click the "My Scheduling Links" button to do so.
Questions or Feedback?
Let us know by emailing us at [email protected] Thanks for using Meetingbird!